Who we are and our commitment to your privacy
We are InterCement, a leading company in the cement markets of Argentina and Mozambique and vice-leader in Brazil, holding regional leaderships in South Africa and Egypt. In addition to cement, we manufacture and distribute aggregates and lime, and we operate in the concrete service in some of these markets.
In some activities, we will need to use information that can identify a person. In this way, we ensure that we treat all such personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Act, Act 13,709 of August 14, 2018.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we value transparency in the relationship with our customers, professionals, suppliers and other partners. Therefore, in this document you will be able to find out about how we use personal data, in addition to other relevant information on the subject.
It is important that you read this document carefully. If you have any questions, just contact us via email email@example.com.
What will you find in this document?
In this document, you can find the following information about the use of your data:
a) What information about you is used;
b) Why we use your information;
c) Data sharing;
d) How we keep your data secure;
e) How long we keep your information;
f) Your rights as a holder of personal data;
What information about you is collected
In order for us to carry out our commercial and administrative activities, we need to obtain registration information about you, such as full name, e-mail and telephone.
Moreover, we can also collect behavioral information such as access logs, data about clicks in the platform environments, including those collected through cookies, IP address, which we will explain in the topic below.
Cookies are small plain text files that can be placed on your device, whose role is to store information about your browsing.
When you visit a website, this information is sent to your internet browser and is stored, so that you have customized experiences on your next visits. This allows for more efficient navigation and eliminates your need to repeatedly enter the same information.
On our website, we use Google Analytics to track traffic and understand visitors’ behavior, seeking to improve website performance and personalize your browsing experience, as per what is important to you, with the aim of making it more enjoyable, considering your preferences and settings.
This platform does not use any sensitive information, such as biometrics, health, political or religious opinion, union membership, etc. In case it becomes necessary to process such information, this document will be revised and you will be notified through the contact channel made available to us.
Why do we use your information?
InterCement is committed to handling your information for specific, legitimate purposes and always ensuring your right to be informed about such uses. Thus, we'll advise below the purposes for which we use your information:
· To allow us to identify or authenticate you: credentials check, including: passwords, password hints, security information and questions;
· To improve and develop our products and services: identify usage trends and develop new content; understand how you and your device interact with our platform;
· Customize your experience when using our services: ensure that the content will be made available; understand your interests in our content, products and services or other content, and adapt our content to your needs and preferences; display products and offers tailored to you;
· To communicate with you: respond to your requests or questions; provide information that may be interesting to you, such as new content or updated information for this document.
Sharing your information
We do not carry out the shared use of your information. However, if it is necessary to collect information about you from third parties or share your information for any purpose, you will always be warned and this document will be promptly updated.
How do we keep your information secure?
Your information is of paramount importance for this platform to function. Thereby, we have adopted the appropriate and proportionate measures to keep it secure, safeguarded from loss, alteration, destruction or leakage. Among the measures, we highlight the following ones:
· Controlled location for storing information;
· Restricted access for specific people to the place where personal information is stored;
· Security tools to prevent hacker attacks;
· Administrative measures aimed at the governance of the processed personal data;
· Training for employees who handle your information.
How long will we keep your information?
Your information will be kept with us for as long as our relationship lasts, so that the purposes stated in this document are achieved. Further, once our relationship is ceased, we may keep your information for the regular exercise of the right of defense in any legal action, in which we have to use your personal data, respecting the legally established deadlines.
What are your rights as a holder of personal data?
Considering that you are the owner of your information, the applicable legislation guarantees you the exercise of certain rights, as described below:
· Confirmation of an existent treatment;
· Access to data;
· Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
· Anonymizing, blocking or deleting unnecessary, excessive data;
· Portability of your data;
· Elimination of data processed with your consent, when applicable;
· Obtaining information about the public or private entities which we share your data with, when applicable;
· Information about the consequences of not providing consent, so that you can make an assertive and oriented decision about whether or not to provide such authorization;
· Revocation of consent;
· Automated decision revision.
At this point, all requests will be:
· Free opportunities;
· Submitted to a method to validate your identity (so that we can direct the compliance with requests, exclusively to the data owner).
To exercise your rights as a holder, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We emphasize that occasionally your request may be rejected, either for formal reasons (such as the impossibility of proving your identity) or legal reasons (such as the request for removing data whose maintenance is the free exercise of the right of the owners in this platform) certain that, in the event of an impossibility to meet such requests, all the relevant justifications shall be shown.
Reading this document, in whole or in part, should be done by taking into account the following definitions:
||A process by which the data loses the possibility of associating, directly or indirectly, with an individual, considering the reasonable technical means, made available upon the treatment.
||Files sent by the platform server to the Users 'computer, with the purpose of identifying it and obtaining access data, such as browsed pages or clicked links, allowing one, in this way, to customize the Users' navigation at the platform, as per their profile.
||Any information related to an individual, directly or indirectly, either identified or identifiable.
|Sensitive personal data
||A special personal data category relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, membership at a union or organization of a religious, philosophical or political nature, regarding with the health or sexual life, genetic or biometric data relating to the individual.
||An abbreviation for Internet Protocol. It is a set of numbers that identifies Users' computers on the Internet.
||Records of User activities performed at the Platform.
||An individual to whom personal data refer, such as former, present or potential customers, employees, contractors, commercial partners and third parties.
||Any operation carried out with personal data, such as those referred to the collection, production, reception, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission, distribution, processing, filing, storage, elimination, assessment or control of information, modification, communication, transfer, diffusion or extraction.
|Personal data holder
||Any individual whose personal data is processed
||People who access the website and/or interact with the activities offered on it.
This document was updated on 24/02/2021.